Monday, November 17, 2008

The Messiah



In an effort to find something that makes me matter to the real world outside of my home, I am singing in The Messiah written by Handel. It is interesting to note that Handel wrote the entire piece symphony parts and all 4 vocal parts in just 24 days. The version that I have does not include the symphony score and it is 138 pages long. It is also even MORE amazing that it is polyphonic music which basically means that all the vocal parts are doing something different at all times-YIKES! It is nice to have something to challenge me and something that I enjoy. If you want to hear something crazy listen to "Worthy is the Lamb that was Slain" out of the Messiah and just listen to all the crazy parts doing all their crazy things...let me know what you think :)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poWEneZoyyo
This is a link to that song that is almost descent. It gets pretty crazy around 2 min. and then again at the end...

10 comments:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

I went last year to Southwest Symphany's Messiah and loved it! That's so fun that you are singing in it. Good luck!

Erika said...

Shanae, you're amazing!

JenniSue said...

So...you singing this at our Christmas party???

Miller Family said...

Shanae! I'm so glad my mom sent you my blog address. Holy cow you have three kids, that is awesome. So you are living in Utah? We just moved from there, Provo. I wish I would have known we could have gotten together. Next time we go we will have to meet up. Or if you are ever in CA. I'm glad to see things are going so well for you. Talk to you soon. Ginny

Jacob and Emily said...

All I can say is, "You are amazing and always will be." It so easy to be jealous of your abilities. Amazing.

Britt said...

Handel is amazing!!! You are too, bytheway...and you totally matter to me, and in many other ways outside of your home. I know that you know that. I just thought you needed to be reminded.
P.S. I don't know how you sopranos can get all those high notes.

JayandCassandra said...

Finding something that makes you exist outside of being a stay home mom.... now that is a feet! Seriously!!! I think my existence has all together been erased at this point. And yet I'm laughing...

Shanae said...

I'm trying to fix my settings so that comments will show...

Shanae said...

I think I did it-comment away!

JayandCassandra said...

Ha ha!! I'm not going to go redo all my comments!!