Friday, October 10, 2008

Get him off this thing!

For those of you who don't know, Toben has been on a heart monitor. Right after he was born, the Dr. thought he heard something wrong with his heart, so we have to haul this lovely thing around for 2 months. We only have about 2 weeks left, and everyone is confident that he is just fine...so I'm ready to be unplugged. Anywhere I go I haul a 5-year-old, 2 babies, a diaper bag, and this monitor (Ugh) The other thing is that when he wiggles out of his little electrodes, the monitor goes off. It sounds very similar to a smoke alarm-that's fun in the middle of the night. We are very grateful that that is the only reason it's gone off. We have a healthy baby and are ready to be done with the heart monitor.


4 comments:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

I don't know how I missed the info, but I didn't know about the heart problem. I'm glad things have gone well thus far and that will be nice to get it off. I can't believe you are hauling that thing around WITH all three of your boys. You're amazing!

Melissa Anderson said...

What a pain! I am glad that everything seems like it is ok, though. We had fun seeing Ammon the other day. I felt bad that my dinner wasn't anything to write home about. Aren't you coming up soon? I would love to see you all if you get a chance. I think that is so neat that you raised the butterflies. London is really into them right now.

Jacob and Emily said...

Oh my! I didn't know he was on a heart monitor! You truly are amazing. I can't even imagine you want to go out of your house with all the extras! More power to you! Two weeks to go!

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

Toben is so cute! It doesn't sound fun, having to drag that thing around with you. But at least you know that his heart is doing well, right? I am glad that you soon won't have to deal with it.